How To Quit Smoking Forever Tips, Tricks And Advice

How many times have you attempted to stop smoking but have failed to do so? Yes I thought so - not good is it? No doubt - like many of the people who read this article I tried, and failed, numerous times to quit smoking before eventually managing to find a top quality stop smoking technique that worked for me.

I would manage to stop smoking for one week, two weeks and on one attempt even managed as many as three weeks before falling off the wagon, as they say - or is this saying solely in relation to alcohol? Well who cares at the end of the day? I am sure you understand what I mean.

I would then have a voice in my head, what I call "my demons", who would speak to me and would say something along the lines of:

"You are doing really well, why don't you have just one cigarette for old times sake? You deserve it. It is only one, it does not mean that you are going back to become a fully fledged smoker."

Now I have no idea why but for someone reason I would listen to this voice and would have that "one" cigarette. The problem being that one would lead to two and two would lead to three etc.

So how did I eventually learn to stop smoking? Well a friend of mine, Tony, advised that I needed to focus on two things at the same time, not just quitting the fags. He stated that when you just concentrate on attempting to stop smoking your whole focus and thought process is always on "smoking". He suggested that I should attempt to lose weight at the same time, this way I could be battling two fronts at the same time and would be therefore not just solely thinking of cigarettes all of the time.

1 comment: